One of my lifelong passions is traveling internationally and discovering new cultures, foods and lifestyles. I caught the travel bug young – during a trip to Fiji when I was just 10. Since then, I have adventured to over 40 countries; experiencing the tradition and history of different cultures and seeing…
The PlanetOne team gathered in early December to prepare care packages for men and women of the armed services who are deployed overseas. The holidays are particularly difficult for the troops who are stationed away from their families and putting a smile on the faces of these…
Last month three volunteers from the PlanetOne team visited the Feed My Starving Children Organization in Arizona to donate their time. Founded in 1987, Feed My Starving Children is a Christian non-profit that provides nutritionally complete meals specifically formulated for malnourished children.
Two of PlanetOne’s mighty team members, Dawn and Maricela, recently volunteered at Dress for Success in Phoenix. Dress for Success is an international not-for-profit organization that empowers women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire and the development tools to help women thrive in work and in life.
Participating in our From the Heart initiative, the PlanetOne Irvine office did their part for the environment last weekend by volunteering for several hours of beach-cleaning duty with saveourbeach.org. Eric Cooke, his nine-year old son Cooper and Kristen Cunningham helped clean up Seal Beach, CA.
On a freezing and snowy Friday afternoon in Boulder, Colorado last month, PlanetOne’s VP of marketing, Bern Richardson and daughter Isabel devoted the evening to help feed the homeless at Bridge House. The opportunity to serve came through the mother-daughter philanthropic organization they belong to called National Charity League.
On a cold and rainy Scottsdale afternoon the PlanetOne team gathered to put together food boxes for the needy. Every holiday season, Phoenix Rescue Mission provides holiday food boxes to families in need and puts a hot meal in front of those searching for hope.
March 1st 2019
Via Linda Senior Center in Scottsdale was the organization chosen by the PlanetOne team this quarter for the From the Heart philanthropy. The Senior Center is part of Scottsdale Senior Services which provides an integrated system of services, resources and opportunities to help people improve their lives…
A selfless act performed by a person or people wishing either to assist or to cheer up an individual person or people.
Here are some examples of what has been successful:
- Care packages for homeless
- Care packages for troops
- Greet troops arriving home
- Yard work for someone in need
- Cold drinks for bus drivers, police, security guards
- Prepare a family for back to school
- Buy school supplies for teachers
- Deliver meals to police/fire stations
- Do you know a young couple with kids that can’t afford a babysitter, let alone a dinner out by themselves? Offer to pay for a sitter and dinner.
- Take toys or snacks to the ER waiting room
- Find the person that you want to give some money to. Tell them about our From the Heart program. Give them a $10 or $20 bill. Then give them another $10 or $20 bill and ask them to perform an act From the Heart with this second bill.